Added some support for dynamic text sizes.
Added the ability to reset the default background.
Fixed a bug that prevented the app badge from being cleared.
Fixed a crash when saving a countdown image to your photo library.
Various other bug fixes.
Added a few more event icons.
Updated our feedback & support e-mail address.
Contains performance improvements specifically when the app launches.
Contains other minor updates preparing for future enhancements.
Purchasing the Color Pack will allow you to:
- Change the app’s text and button colors, there are 21 colors to choose from!
- Changing the color will change the text and button colors in your event list.
- Change the button colors and background colors to match.
There are 21 colors to choose from:
This will also give you the ability to add these three animated effects to your backgrounds:
- Add floating hearts to your backgrounds
- Add floating stars to your backgrounds
- Add a bokeh effect to your backgrounds
You can activate these effects while editing your event and the app text color can be changed under Settings.
Users who have purchased the ad-free upgrade have access to the Today View Widget! The widget allows you quick and easy access to your countdowns without having to open the app.
You can view your countdowns by opening the Today View (swipe right over the Home screen, Lock screen or while you're looking at your notifications) or by using 3D Touch on the app icon.
You can add events to your widget while editing them. Just tap on the switch.
You can learn more about widgets on Apple’s website.
How can I backup my countdowns?
Your countdown data is automatically included in your device backups. If you’re backing up your device using iCloud or iTunes, then you won’t need to do anything else to backup your events.
If you’re not backing up your phone, you can learn more about automatic backups here.
Where are my countdowns stored?
Your countdowns are stored locally on your device and synced to your personal iCloud account, if you're logged in.
I don’t see the widget in Notification Center, how do I show it?
From your home screen, swipe from left to right until your widgets appear.
Tap on the 'Edit' button. Locate 'Countdown Days Since' and tap on the plus button to the left of it.
Adding new countdowns in Days Since is easy.
- First, open Days Since and tap the + button in the upper right corner.
- The ‘Edit Event’ screen will appear next. You can enter your event details by tapping on the individual items. For instance, tap on ‘New Event’ to change the event title. Tap on the date to change the date you’d like to countdown or count up to.
- When you’re finished entering your event details, tap on the ‘Days Since’ back button to view your newly created countdown. Tap on the ‘Events’ back button will return you to your event list.
If you’re having trouble getting your events to show up on both devices:
- Make sure both versions of Days Since are updated to the latest version in the App Store.
- Make sure both devices are signed into the same iCloud account
- Syncing happens when the app is first launched so to trigger a refresh, hit the home button on your device and re-open Days Since.
- Check your connection. If you have multiple events with custom backgrounds it may take a few moments to sync on a poor cellular connection.
- If you’re still having trouble syncing, follow these steps while connected to wifi:
- Add a new event on your first device.
- Close and re-open Days Since on your second device to see if it appears.
- If the new event appears, try editing your existing events (change the time format or title) and relaunching the app on your second device to see if they appear.
- If you’re still having trouble syncing contact us.
iCloud Syncing is here!
Your countdowns now automatically sync between devices!
All of your countdowns remain private and are only viewable by your iCloud account.
For example, once you open Days Since on your iPhone your countdowns will be sent to the cloud. Then once you open Days Since on your iPad the countdowns from your iPhone will automatically appear!
Syncing is triggered once the app is opened, re-open the app to refresh your list.
Note: Deleting events is not yet synced. If you delete an event on your iPhone you will also have to delete it from your iPad.
Days Since now has a cleaner look and feel. We’ve made a bunch of tweaks to the UI to make it easier to use.
Added new swipe actions in the countdown list on the iPhone. Swiping on an event now allows you to:
Edit the countdown
Add an alert
View your alerts for this event
View your notes for this event
Add or remove it from the notification center widget (if available)
Fixed a crash that occurred while taking a picture.
Fixed a bug that prevented some users from editing event titles.
Better support for users using 24 hour time.
You can delete countdowns by swiping to the left in your event list or by editing the event and tapping the trash can.